I’ve finally set-up my RaspberryPi laptop and played with it.
The main aim is to test DataparkSearch Engine on a new architecture. And the first step was to test libdp, an auxiliary library implementing some libc functions in a more efficient way (see Speed it up, a bit).
The results of this test are float, so I made 5 runs for each case. The average overall result is greater by approx. 15% with libdp preloaded (green background).
|Without libdp||With libdp|
The results of this tests are stable for every run. It’s about 4% increase with lidbdp.
If you would like to try libdp on RaspberryPi here is an instruction how to install it:
- Install autotools:
sudo apt-get install automake autoconf libtool
- Download libdp:
wget -c https://dataparksearch.googlecode.com/files/libdp-4.54-2013-10-02.tar.gz
- Extract it:
tar -xzf libdp-4.54-2013-10-02.tar.gz
- Enter into the directory libdp-4.54-2013-10-02:
- Generate configure and making files:
- Make it:
- Install it:
sudo make install
- Add the full path to the libdp into your /etc/ld.so.preload file with your favourite text editor (suppose it’s vi):
sudo vi /etc/ld.so.preload
and add the following line:
- If you don’t need autotools anymore deinstall them:
sudo apt-get purge automake autoconf libtool sudo apt-get autoremove sudo apt-get clean
The last two command remove automatically installed dependency packages and clean up local cache of downloaded packages. You may skip these if you don’t need it.
- Reboot your RaspberyPi
Please note, the performance advantage is not guaranteed, you may got it decreased for some applications.